Safe Sport Framework
The safety of children and young people in our sport is paramount, as a club we want swimming to be a fun, enjoyable and safe experience for all.
In July 2016 Swimming Australia adopted a new Safe Sport Framework, replacing the previous child and member welfare policies, procedures and codes of conduct.
Kilmore Swimming Club is committed to providing a safe environment for all our members and has implemented its own Safe Sport Policy based on the Swimming Australia framework.
Swimming Australia Safe Sport Framework
The Safe Sport Framework (SSF) is an initiative of Swimming Australia and confirms the shared responsibility we all have for keeping each other safe in swimming, children and adults alike.
The Safe Sport Framework;
- Specifically commits to keeping our Children and Young People safe within the sport,
- Clarifies and raises the standards of behaviour for dealing with Children and Young People through a new Code of Conduct for dealing with Children and Young People,
- Combines previous role-specific Codes of Conduct into a single General Code of Conduct,
- Strengthens and clarifies processes and procedures when safe sport concerns or incidents arise,
- Requires more rigorous recruitment and screening procedures, as well as reporting by all organisations in swimming,
- Provides guidance, advice, tips and tools to assist us in keeping each other and our sport safe for all people.
The framework has been developed by a committee from a range of Swimming Australia Member Associations in consultation with the Australian Childhood Foundation and the Australian Sports Commission.
The Framework puts swimming at the forefront of safeguarding children and member processes, procedures and resources in Australia. To access the framework click on parts 1 to 4 below.
- Part 1- Introduction and definitions
- Part 2- Child protection and commitment statement
- Part 3- Codes of conduct (including for dealing with children and young people)
- Part 4- Complaints, procedures and guidelines
In support of the above Framework, Kilmore Swimming Club requires all coaches, volunteers, staff and committee members to hold a current Working With Children’s (WWC) check.
If any swimmer, parent, coach or official feel they have been treated in a way that does not meet the Safe Sport Framework, or would like to discuss any part of the framework please contact: XXX the club Member Protection Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org